- I am the Chief Executive Officer of a law firm which I founded in 1969 – Brian Kahn Inc. Attorneys which comprises 28 professionals and employees – a mirror of the rainbow nation.
- I am in the unique position of having straddled two important disciplines in the legal field, one being corporate law (mergers, acquisitions, corporate strategies involving implementation of shareholders and other business driven agreements, advising companies on strategy etc.) and the other being dispute resolution in the corporate / civil field (arbitrations and litigation).
- I have arbitrated locally and internationally and been involved in both large and small commercial transactions.
- I act for listed entities, large private companies, family conglomerates, entrepreneurs and individuals. I have also acted for various departments and organs of state in the Republic of South Africa as well as former heads of state in Africa.
- I have also been recognised by my peers as having the sort of skills that can assist them personally when involved in hostilities involving their personal or professional lives.
- I have over the years established firm collegial and professional relationships with colleagues throughout the world many of whom refer matters to us on behalf of their offshore clients where we have acted either alone or as co-counsel. I have travelled on behalf of clients and colleagues to the following countries over the years; Abu Dhabi, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Botswana, Canada, Dubai, England, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Namibia, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Scotland, Singapore, USA and Zambia.